1. Find your desired animated gif. There are numerous sites to search for animated gifs. I tend to use giphy.com a lot or Google Search. Giphy allows you to search multiple categories and even provides the opportunity to create your own. (That's another post!) If you search using Google, refine your results to just images and further refine them by choosing selecting animated under type.
2. Save your animated gif.
- Now that you've found your desired animated gif, regardless of method, you need to save the image.
- Do this by right clicking on the image and selecting "Save Image As..."
- You will have a chance to name your image and take note as to where your image is being saved. You'll need this information for the next step!
3. Insert your animated gif into Slides.
- Open up your Google Slides where you want to place the animated gif.
- Choose Insert > Image
- Select Choose an image to upload > Locate file you downloaded above > Select
- Move your animated gif to desired location on the slide.
- If needed, resize your image using the corners to avoid distortion.