Dear Not Part of the Blue Man Group,
I applaud your efforts to add your image to your Google Classroom. Your students will appreciate seeing a friendly, familiar face as opposed to the default Shadow Icon. Besides solving your Google Classroom dilemma, adding your image will also keep you from appearing as an initial in shared Google Files.
Like most things in Google, there are multiple ways to accomplish this. You can set up your Google+ profile and add an image there or if you're already in Google Classroom, here's another way to add your picture.
- Open Google Classroom. (Do you need to be verified as a teacher? If yes, send an email to Melissa.)
- Click on Hotdogs and go to Settings at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Change Profile Picture
4. You will be presented with the following choices: Upload Photos or Take Picture from Web Camera. If you are uploading a photo, it is recommended that the size is no smaller than 250 px x 250 px. If you are taking a picture, you may be prompted to allow access to your camera.
5. Click Set as profile photo. You will no longer appear like a member of the Blue Man Group.
Thanks for your question, Not a Part of the Blue Man Group.
WUSD EdTech Blog
PS: If you have more questions for the WUSD EdTech Blog, let us know! We're here to answer them for you and the larger WUSD community.